Saturday, June 16, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 8 - BREAK TIME!!!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

Well, everything worked out perfectly. I made it to Harper's Ferry (Mile 1009) Friday afternoon, celebrated at the AT headquarters, got a rental car and headed up to surprise my family at the annual Fegy reunion. I am actually writing this post from my cousin's house at the reunion. It is so nice to be not hiking today. I'm hoping during these few days off my body will heal all up and be ready to go at 100 percent again. I am looking forward to seeing my friends in the next couple of days too.

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm most excited about with regards to the trail...and honestly I think it's that I'm done with Viriginia. I was really starting to lose hope that the state would never end. 550 miles of trail is too many for any one state to own.

See you all soon....and I will post all my high-res pics and videos as soon as I get my hands on my mac book.

-john

No comments: