Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Running Is Comparable To A.....3rd Order Polynomial? Huh?

Ok....because I'm such a huge math/science dorkus....I started thinking about how my running pace slows down with distance, and I've determined that overall my running follows a 3rd order polynomial curve fairly nicely.  One might even argue that my pace follows an asymptotic curve ;-)  Of course this would be awesome, because then I could run a 100 miler or a 200 miler at almost the same pace!  (which of course is not likely)

If you include my 50 miler in the plot it makes the trend more linear...but trail running and road running are two totally different things.

ok...that's all the dorky math you are getting out of me today.




1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Ha! I have never even heard of a 3rd order polynomial curve! You definelty have out ran me in a 5K. My quickest time in a 5K has been a 6:56 pace.

good luck this weekend!