Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 22: Mile 400 (20)

Location: Stealth Campsite Near Highway

Woo hoo mile 400 (or so). Today was all about roads. I left sycamore
camp alone on a mission to hike the 14 miles to the small town of
lttlerock. Rumor had it that there was a macdonalds, and specialty
milk shake shop. I rolled in at 10:35, and thought about getting a
mc10:35 (google it) but opted for a cheeseburger. I lazed around for
three hours until mango caught up and we walked another 6 together.
We found a sheltered spot off of the highway out of site from cars
(but unsure of public or private land - oh well). Hope to make it to
Soledad canyon tomorrow where the pct closure ends. Then it will be a
10 miler into agua Dulce sunday.

The roadwalking today wasn't too bad, but my feet are sore and
stressing about oncoming traffic all day wore me down.

On a side note, we found a small toy cow and I decided to carry her
for a while. Good ol bessy.

No comments: