Out for a jog in Antarctica
It's usually about this time that I put together an update and a video rambling off my "goal for 20xx"...something new to push myself. Something different. While I certainly have not become apathetic, nor have I given up on this philosophy, I'm just having a hard time thinking past the next two days lately. This holds especially true in light of the enormity of my PCT trek last year. This will obviously be a step-back year with a much different approach. I have thought a bit about what I'd like to do this year besides the immense loads of research and schoolwork, and while I've come up with a few interesting ideas, I haven't decided on anything definitively. Mostly, this year will be a close repeat of 2009. I have plans to run a lot of trails and compete in some ultras. I can tell you what I do know.
- In May, I will be running my third Pocono Marathon....the official start to my 2011 race season (although I did run a 10-mile race a few weeks ago as a warm up, and may do a 10k here or there).
- For Memorial Day, I will be spending the weekend with family up in Rochester where I will run a 5k race with both my sister and mom. The first time the entire Fegy family will be running together. (dad will be there too).
- Some time in May or June, I hope to head back to one of the first places I ever hiked, and this time with good company, to do a little 42-mile slow-paced fun jaunt along the Black Forest Trail
- I have no scheduled races in June, but will probably sign up for the Laurel Highlands 50k as a primer race for July.
- For 2.5 weeks in June I will again be playing in Colorado at the Ice Core Lab!
- In July I plan to run the Finger Lakes 50 and Vermont 100 again.
- Rest of July and August is still being worked out. If I decide to do something different, it will be in here somewhere. I have thought a lot about incorporating either my kayak or new touring bike into the mix though....and whatever I do, will be limited to ~ 2 weeks. I will say that I am seriously considering the Long Trail though.
- September - December I will be laying low and really focusing on school.
- December - Off to Antarctica again....for the last time. :-(
I guess once I figure things out, I will try to post the details up here. Regardless of what I decide on though, it will undoubtedly be memorable.
hike on/happy trails/happy running everyone
make your lives extraordinary