Monday, January 26, 2009

Back in MacTown!!

Well...I finally got to leave WAIS divide today. As scheduled, the plane arrived at 12:30 PM and as I write this, I'm sitting comfortably back in McMurdo. I really have no desire to stay here any longer than I have to, and luckily have been put on a flight for wednesday. This means I'll only have 2 days here. The other good news, is that instead of sharing a crowded room with 5 snoring roommates, I have a double room, with a single roommate (who's actually leaving tomorrow!) It was a crowded flight here, but I'm glad it's finally over. The first thing I did when I got here was have two full bowls of ice cream. Having to go 2 months without ice cream is quite a challenge. I'm starting to get very excited about New Zealand now....I can almost taste it.
I'll write a full update tomorrow about what I thought of the field season as a whole and how I would rate my experience at WAIS Divide. But for now.....it's time to relax a little.

-john
The LC-130 pulling up the skiway at WAIS
So Long WAIS Divide! (See you next year!) Waiting to board the plane

No comments: