Thursday, July 12, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 12

I am just leaving the small town of Salisbury CT (1485 miles // 689 miles to go) this morning and heading up Bear Mountain (CT's highest peak). By the end of the day, I'll be in Southern Mass. Less than 700 miles to go now...and honestly I'm very glad. I am starting to get the "hiking blues" as they are called. Just kind of want to sit on a couch for a few days and do a whole lot of nothing....But I know I've come way too far for that. I didn't hike 1500 miles to quit now. Besides New Hampshire and Maine are still to come...the best two states on the trail.

Don't know when I'll be able the write again. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'm looking forward to starting the new chapter of my life this fall at Penn State.

If everything goes according to plan, I should summit Mt. Katahdin on or around August 12-14.....so basically, I have one month left.

-john

No comments: