Monday, July 2, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 10

Greetings from Joisey! Well...almost. I am actually on the PA/NJ border in the town of Delaware Water Gap (but techinally still in PA). Mile 1288 I think?...I don't have my book in front of me.

anyway...

Even though PA was 230 miles, it actually went by fairly quickly. Also, the "horrible, terrible, dreaded rocks" everyone kept warning me about really weren't that bad. Only the last 10-15 miles of PA were really bad.

I'm really excited to be hitting NJ tomorrow because I will have 4 states in a row now with less than 100 miles. I should knock all 4 out in less than 2 weeks.

Also, I'm supposed to be meeting my buddy Aaron for a day at my next P.O. stop in Fort Montgomery NY.

I started a trailjournals journal as well, because apparently thats were all the hikers post their blogs (not here on myspace). www.trailjournals.com

That's pretty much it I guess. Pennsylvania was a very nice state to hike through (except the last 15miles of course). There was even a 1 mile long intense boulder scramble by lehigh gap that required me doing some ol hand over hand rock climbing.....it was actually pretty fun.

I broke my distance record again....34.9 now. Before I'm done, I will hit a 40 miler at least once.

Finally.....Katahdin is now less than 900 away. I believe its around 896 or something.

well, I do miss all my family and friends....I'll be back soon.

-john

No comments: