Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 7

Only have time for a quick update. Made it to Montebello today (mile 809). In a couple days I'll be in Shenendoah. I can't wait for my break in a week in a half. I am in desperate need of a rest.

The last few days have been extrememly difficult. Multiple 3000 ft climbs and descents. On top of that, I've had a stomach bug that has made it rather uncomfortable hiking. Looking forward to Shenendoah because it is relatively easy terrain. Also, my friend Pat is coming down to hike with me for a day, so it will be nice to see a familiar face.

On friday I will be in Waynesboro and finally done with "central virginia"...thank God. Today is really the last day of rough hiking and I'm doing low mileage so it shouldn't be too bad.

-john



oh and sorry about the uploaded pics being such bad quality. I had to seriously dumb them down in order to upload them. I plan on uploading the full resolution pics as soon as I'm home.

don't think there'll be another update so...the next time you here from me, I'll be on my break.



-john

No comments: