Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 6

Well, I made it to Pearisburg...mile 622. I got in this morning around 9:30. So far Virginia has been getting slightly easier...but I'm also in better shape so the climbs don't seem as bad. It was a long 7 days from Damascus to here, but it finally came. My toe hasn't really been getting any better with the antibiotics, so I might actually go to the Clinic here in town today. I am about to head up and get my post office stuff and do my laundry, but the motel I'm staying at had a public internet terminal...so I figured I'd do a quick update.

I have finally run into the big crowds of hikers that all left in mid-april. Every shelter I get to at night has consistantly been full with other hikers. I kind of miss the smaller crowds.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to be able to update very much between now and Harper's Ferry. My next three stops are real small towns that probably won't have internet terminals, so you may not hear from me again until my break around the middle of June. (Or sooner if my toe doesn't get any better).

Hope all is well with everyone. I can honestly say that doing this hike has allowed my to clear my head of a lot of things that have been gnawing away at me. I hope that whenever it is that I stop, I will have a clean head, and a positive attitude that I can take to grad school. I certainly needed this time away.

take care everyone and I will try to update again. Pics and vids will be posted during my break.

-john

No comments: