Friday, May 11, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 2

Hi everyone!

I am staying in a Hostel tonight called "Standing Bear Farm". It is a quaint little place right on the trail. I was supposed to camp tonight, but this place was within a mile of my campsite. I am writing this from the owner's personal computer (on a 24.4 modem no less - yikes). I am 3 miles north of the Great Smoky Mountains and 2 days from Hot Springs. I was able to blow through the Smoky Mountains in 3 days. I took a video with my camera from the observation tower on the top of Clingman's Dome. (The highest peak on the entire 2174 Mile A.T.). I'll write a more detailed message from Hot Springs. Hope all is well with everyone. I miss all of you!

-john a.ka. "lakewood"

by the way, I have officially been given the trail name of "lakewood". Every hiker on the trail has one and that is what you introduce yourself as to other hikers. Mine came from a combination of a town by where I live...and the brand of acoustic guitar that I play.

No comments: