Thursday, August 9, 2007

Appalachian Trail - Update 18 - Monson, Maine

Well I made it to Monson Maine (Mile 2060) ...the last town on the A.T. From here, all that remains is the 100 mile wilderness and then the climb up Katahdin (114 miles to go). I wish I could explain just how glad I am to be almost done, but there's just no way to put it into words. I am very ready to be done though.

Tomorrow I head in to the "100 mile wilderness" which is considered the most remote part of the entire trail. There are no roads, no stores, and no places to go. Just me and the wilderness. Supposedly there are a lot of moose and other wildlife in this area. In less than a week, I'll be on Katahdin.

I have a load of videos and pictures that I will post as soon as I am finished.

See you all soon.

-john

No comments: