Saturday, April 18, 2009

Vermont 100 Is Now OFFICIAL!

As part of the requirement for admittance into the Vermont 100, all registrants must volunteer for 8 hours at another ultra event.  Earlier today, I completed my requirement by volunteering at the Bull Run Run 50 Miler a few hours south of here.  It was a cool course...but a hot day.  I was glad I was not running.  I worked aid stations and gave out food and drinks to the runners.  It was a lot of fun being on the other side of things.

Centreville Rd. Aid Station (Miles 7 and 11)

First Place Runner (Leigh Schmitt)
Leigh holds the record at the VT 100 as well

At the end of my volunteer time, the race director signed off on my form and it will be dropped in the mail later today.  This means that it's official....I have now signed up for my first 100 miler.   ......cue dramatic music....dum dum duuuuuummmm!




1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Awesome! Cant wait to hear about this adventure! Still think you are crazy though! lol.