Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 25: Mile 465.6 (11.4)

Location: Bouquet Road

Ok so first off I know i was going to zero at the saufleys. My reasoning for going out tonight was that i had originally planned on hiking 24 miles to the andersons tomorrow. Instead I stayed at the saufleys until 4 pm, and hiked the first 11. This leaves me a slow and easy 13 tomorrow.

Today has been interesting. It has been raining all day, and to make matters worse, the breakfast I had in town has made me sick. Not sure what it is, but I've been having horrible stomach cramps all day.  Very reminiscent of northern Virginia on the at. I will very gingerly
hike to the andersons tomorrow and then stay a full zero. I hate
being sick on the trail.

Some good news is that I've got my tent now....yay!!! My trusty lunar
solo was too badly wrecked and so I'm using a tarptent "moment" now.
I got a good deal on it. So far I love it. It's nice watching the
bugs trying to get in. I just laugh at them now. Yay.

Going to bed early and hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

No comments: